How to Create Account Level/Global Email Filter in cPanel to Fight Spam?
It's hard to completely stop spam e-mail but you can filter it, discard it, deliver it to selected folder, etc.
How to Create Account Level/Global Email Filter?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the "Email" section, click on "Global Email Filters" Icon.
3. Click on the "Create a New Filter" button.
4. Enter a name for the filter in the Filter Name text box.
5. In the rules of the filter you can filter e-mail by many options, and should you want to deal with e-mail which contains a word like "Lottery" or other words, then select "Contains" under the "Rules" list, select "Body" from the dropdown list and from the 2nd drop down list.
6. Under "Actions" list select "Discard Message".
7. Now Click on the "Create" Button.
Account Level Filters would be created much in the same way. In Step 2, select the "Email Filters" Icon instead. This would be used to filter email for one specific email address.
Was this answer helpful?
If you are going for a holiday or will be unavailable for few days or a month, you can create an...
1. Open "Account-Level Filtering" in your cPanel Account. 2. Under "Current Filters" you can see...
You can access your email account directly from Webmail. If you're not the administrator of the...
If you are looking to transfer your email from an 3rd party provider to one of the mail servers...
When a new account is initially created, the only email account will be the default account. For...