Can email account users change their own passwords?
Yes. Users can change their passwords by logging into webmail. Before selecting a webmail program, there is an option to 'Change Password'.
Additionally, passwords can be changed by those with access to the mail administration area.
Procedure to change email passwords
- Login to the email administration's cPanel
- Click on the 'Email Accounts' icon
- Locate the email address you would like to change the password for
- Click the 'Change Password' option next to the account
- Select a new password
Please note: It is important to enforce strong password strength when selecting a new email password. Weak passwords increase the likelihood that an email account could become compromised and be used to send out spam. Be sure to always use best practices when choosing an email password.
Was this answer helpful?
To synchronize the IMAP folders, you will need to set your email program's 'IMAP Path Prefix' or...
SPF, or Sender Policy Framework, is used to specify which servers or IP addresses are allowed to...
1. Log into your cPanel account. 2. In the "Email" section, click on "Global Email Filters" Icon....
1. Log into your cPanel account.2. In the "Email" section, click on the "Email Accounts" icon. 3....
While our shared servers do allow for the selection of multiple PHP versions, we highly recommend...